Monday 20 June 2016

Online Writers

D0 you belong to an online writers' group? Or have you taken an online writing course? I'd really like to know.

Recently I completed a writing course at Future Learn, which they said was an offshoot of the similar course (Writing Fiction) at the Open University. This one, however, was free, and it was really quite good for a free course. We heard some videos from well-known writers, read some excerpts from various writers, and had a lot of opportunity to exchange comments and ideas with other students in the course. Of course, a student gets out of it what he/she puts into it. Some of the assignments I just skipped over, but if I had been diligent enough, I'd have received some valuable feedback. Most of the feedback I saw was quite good and detailed enough to be helpful.



What I'd REALLY like to do is to go to a writers' retreat or workshop somewhere away from home. Somewhere that provides a tutor (or more), a group that's small enough to ensure good participation but large enough to get some good feedback. It would be a combination of teaching, group discussion, and solitude for writing. It wou ld also be a place for people who just know they want to write and would be encouraged, even if they weren't yet capable of turning out a "bestseller"! Is there such a place? Please post in a comment if you do know of one. You can also email me if you're shy about posting here.

Thanks for visiting my blog.


1 comment:

  1. Não há, princípio regras que ensinem você escrever bem. Mas a leitura de bons autores é a base para você aprender a escrever. Então, vamos ler, ler e ler.

    ReplyDelete